Universities Australia is pleased to announce the program for its 2011 Higher Education Conference: 2-4 March 2011, Hotel Realm, Canberra.
The 2011 Conference will break away from traditional program formats to create greater opportunities for dialogue, analysis and engagement between the sector, other stakeholders, and commentators.
Conference highlights include:
- Keynote Address by the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills, Jobs and Workplace Relations, Senator the Hon. Christopher Evans
- The University Challenge - a thought-provoking commissioned piece by leading social and economic commentator and forecaster Phil Ruthven
- Televised National Press Club of Australia address by Universities Australia Chair, Professor Peter Coaldrake
- National Media Awards for Higher Education, sponsored by Universities Australia and hosted by the National Press Club
- Ministerial Address by the Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, Senator the Hon. Kim Carr
- Town Hall meeting of delegates, in which the conference themes will be pulled together into an action plan for Universities Australia, facilitated by leading journalist Kerry O'Brien
- Six satellite events on Friday 4 March
More than 340 delegates from twelve countries registered for each of the 2009 and 2010 conferences, so book for 2011 now to secure your place and an early bird rate.