Universities Australia held its inaugural National Policy Forum Climate Change: bridging scientific knowledge and public policy at Parliament House, Canberra, on Thursday 18 March 2010.
The forum sought to answer these questions: What are the signs of climate change in Australia? How are agriculture, cities, and the environment already changing? What will be the economic impact of responding to climate change? What will be the cost of doing nothing?
- follow the full presentation (audio + powerpoints) via the Australian Science Media Centre's webex webinar service
- forum overview
- brief profiles on the speakers
- Session 1 audio (MP3): Climate change in Australia today - the evidence
- Session 2 audio (MP3): Australian research that reveals the future of climate change - certainties and uncertainties
- Session 3 audio (MP3): Responding to climate change: the social and economic impact
For more information about the forum please contact Niall Byrne, Science in Public: 0417 131 977 or email@example.com
Universities Australia Chair welcomes climate snapshot (Media release)