Universities Australia recommends annually to universities the stipend and allowance rates to apply to university postgraduate awards. In accordance with the decision taken at the then AVCC meeting on 14 November 1994, it is recommended that:
- university postgraduate scholarships be at a rate determined by each individual university up to the base rate for the Australian Postgraduate Award with Stipend
- individual universities set other allowances payable to university postgraduate scholarship awardees at the rates applying to the Australian Postgraduate Award with Stipend.
- $25,392 p.a.: Standard stipend full-time
- $12,696 p.a.: Standard stipend part-time
Source: Department of Industry website
Indicative allowance rates
- Relocation Expenses: $460 per adult; $230 per child; $1,325 maximum
- Travel Expenses: Economy or student concession airfares
- Thesis: $410 for a Masters thesis, $820 for a PhD thesis
Should you require further information please contact the Policy & Analysis section.