Universities Australia recommends annually to universities the stipend and allowance rates to apply to university postgraduate awards. In accordance with the decision taken at the then AVCC meeting on 14 November 1994, it is recommended that for 2009:
- university postgraduate scholarships be at a rate determined by each individual university up to the base rate for the 2009 Australian Postgraduate Award with Stipend
- individual universities set other allowances payable to university postgraduate scholarship awardees at the rates applying to the Australian Postgraduate Award with Stipend.
- $22,860 p.a.: Standard stipend full-time
- $12,388 p.a.: Standard stipend part-time
Source: DIISR website
Indicative allowance rates
- Relocation Expenses: $450 per adult; $225 per child; $1,295 maximum
- Travel Expenses: Economy or student concession airfares
- Thesis: $400 for a Masters thesis, $800 for a PhD thesis
Should you require further information please contact the Policy & Analysis section.