Universities Australia is pleased to submit to Austrade a list of ten key messages that can be used to equip Austrade posts when promoting education abroad:
- Australian universities have established strong and sustainable links with Asia that are built upon active research collaboration, a strong and active alumni network, selective capacity building projects, and mutually beneficial cooperation involving staff and students.
- The Australian university system offers prestige, diversity (by focus, size and geography), innovation, metropolitan and regional campuses, and is highly competitive compared to other university systems.
- Australian universities are safe and harmonious campuses that are culturally inclusive.
- Australian universities offer quality degree programs in a diverse range of universities and regions.
- Australia has experience in engaging with the Asian region in the delivery of education services and has been doing so for 25 years.
- Australia's commitment and record of student centred learning and student services is now the benchmark for other developed countries.
- Australian international student alumni are now leaders in their profession and in politics contributing to the social and economic development of the Asian region.
- Australian universities strive for quality outcomes with respect to: alumni engagement, employability of graduates, enhanced global education opportunities for local and international students, research partnerships, and the overall quality of the student experience.
- All Australia's universities are actively seeking the benefits of an international education focus which extends far beyond and long after the short-term financial benefit of international student revenue is forgotten. International research collaboration has increased Australia's research capacity and driven the industrial innovation, increased outbound mobility for Australian students, and academic exchanges are increasing the quality of Australia's education offering and experience.
- International student engagement fosters multiculturalism and relationships for Australia and the world's future leaders.