POLICY ANALYST - INTERNATIONAL
Position advertised: 7 February 2019
Summary of Position:
Universities Australia is the peak body representing Australia’s 39 comprehensive
universities. It seeks to secure a strong, vibrant and internationally competitive university
system that underpins Australia’s social and economic prosperity.
The Policy Analyst, International is responsible for developing and coordinating policy
relating to international education, specifically student mobility, alumni engagement and
international research collaboration and other matters impacting on international education.
Key responsibilities include conducting or managing specific research tasks, negotiating new
agreements and managing existing relationships to facilitate improved cooperation between
member universities and their international counterparts.
The Policy Analyst also manages a range of programs to coordinate UA's engagement in
international collaboration on behalf of the university sector, including policy forums,
shadowing programs and study tours.
A competitive salary package is available for the successful candidate. This position is a
full-time, ongoing role, based in Canberra.
Policy Director - International
Tertiary qualifications and relevant professional experience and significant experience
in program administration and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and coordinate policy across all activities under the responsibility of the International Education portfolio.
- Undertake research on specific projects and prepare relevant reports.
- Manage research projects with external contractors.
- Lead specified policy areas and international relationships, including MOU negotiations.
- Develop and implement global engagement activities, including policy forums and university programs.
- Prepare submissions and policy papers.
- Represent UA on external committees, conduct presentation and support a range of working groups and committees.
Skills and experience
- Substantial experience in the analysis, development and preparation of policy advice in an applied public policy environment.
- Demonstrated experience in qualitative or quantitative research.
- Experience in project managing major research projects.
- High-level communication skills including with an ability to work effectively with a range of people and organisations.
- Demonstrated highly developed writing skills for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in small team, to organise work to meet deadlines, to work under pressure and to carry out a range of tasks quickly and with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of the higher education sector in Australia.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to provide a cover letter detailing their suitability for the position and current CV.
To apply for the position of Policy Analyst - International, please email your application to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line of your email.
Your application will only be considered if all of the documents (doc or pdf) are individually attached to the email.
Applications close Monday 4 March 2019.