Professor Margaret Gardner AO
Monash University is the largest university in Australia, ranked in the world’s top 100 and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight. In under 60 years, we’ve grown from a single campus into an education and research powerhouse with a presence on four continents, committed to the challenges of the age. Our impact is clear. Our students – future, current and alumni, and our research outcomes speak for themselves.
A truly international experience
With four Australian campuses, one in Malaysia, and over 100 international partners, we’re making a difference on a global scale. Our differences and diverse personalities are celebrated. We’re united through focus on deliberate and sustainable growth.
A desire to make a difference
We’re active in over 150 fields of research and work closely with government and industry. Our footprint is an ecosystem of global sustainable, social and economic contributions.
Home to various precincts of innovation, we foster collaboration across traditional and unexpected disciplines. We build teams and form links, we bring together diverse minds – researchers, companies, businesses and technology – creating knowledge hubs of the future.
Monash has one of the largest ranges of courses in Australia, including more than 140 innovative double degree options, bachelor, master and PhD degrees.
• Ranked 80th in the world (Times Higher Education world university rankings 2017-2018)
• Ranked 68th in the World (US News Global University Ranking 2017- 2018)
• Ranked in the top 100 world universities, with an estimated rank of 78th according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017.
• Ranked in the Top 50 for 23 subjects including Accounting and Finance, Engineering, Chemistry, Law and Medicine, including a #2 rank for Pharmacy and Pharmacology (QS World-University Rankings 2017)
Monash research is making a genuine difference to people’s lives, both locally and internationally. Some of our projects include:
• Oxytocin inhaler • Eliminate dengue
• Urban slum revitalisation • The bionic eye
• Additive manufacturing of jet engines • Water-sensitive cities
• 3D-printed body parts
Monash University is redefining what it means to be a university.
Discover more at www.monash.edu.