MITACS Globalink Research Internship (CANADA)
The Globalink Research Internship (GRI) allows Australian undergraduate students to participate in a 12-week research internship at Canadian universities. This internship program provides Australian students with professional skills training and valuable knowledge about Canadian industry and innovation.
The GRI was developed following the signing of an agreement in 2015 between Universities Australia and Mitacs, a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years. Mitacs works with 60 Canadian universities, 4,000 companies, and both federal and provincial governments, to build partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
The competitive initiative is available to undergraduate students studying in Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Interns interested in returning to Canada for graduate studies may be eligible for a Globalink Graduate Fellowship.
Not all Australian universities participate in the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship program. Students should contact their university’s International Office to find out if they can apply for the program. Eligible students must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be enrolled in a full- time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program;
- have a one to three semesters remaining in their program as of September of their year of travel;
- have a minimum grade average of 75 percent;
- have confirmation from their home institution that a monetary contribution for their participation in this initiative will be made by said institution should the student be accepted into the program;
- be able to spend 12 weeks at a university in Canada from May to October on a research project related to their area of interest and expertise; and
- demonstrate oral and written fluency in English or French, depending on the primary language of the project as indicated by the host professor.
Download student profiles
For all other enquiries contact:
Ms Jessica Ronan
Policy Officer- International and Programs
Ph: +61 2 6285 8115
Email: [email protected]