This submission represents a whole-of-sector view on the issues raised in the paper and complements those submissions which may be made by individual UA member universities and other mission groups.
Universities Australia calls on the Government to:
- restore the demand-driven system;
- support university participation programs through appropriate funding of HEPPP;
- review student income support;
- consider how to support universities’ capital needs, especially around student accommodation;
- invest in VET to support regional access to tertiary education, including through various forms of university-VET partnerships; and
- consider options for investment in innovative online delivery of higher education.