Universities Australia’s Indigenous Strategy 2022- 2025
Universities Australia has launched its second whole-of-sector strategy to strengthen the advancement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia’s universities in March 2022.
Key focus areas of the strategy include:
- working harder to support more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to complete degrees and move into positive post-study outcomes;
- strengthening pathways for staff career advancement and representation at all levels of their institutions;
- systematically measuring universities’ efforts to identify both successes and areas where more work is needed;
- improving cultural safety and taking action on racism against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by implementing Indigenous-specific anti-racism strategies; and
- recognising the value Indigenous people and knowledges bring to the university and embedding Indigenous value systems and knowledges in teaching and research.